MF/HF MARINE TRANSCEIVER
Simple, dependable worldwide communications at an affordable price.
160 user-programmable, 242 ITU SSB duplex, 72 ITU SSB simplex and 662 ITU
FSK duplex channels are available.
The highest quality components are used throughout. Constructed in a
die-cast aluminum chassis with surface mount components, the IC-M710 is designed
for long hours of operation in the harsh marine environment.
The large, easy-to-read display shows status at a glance. Seven characters
can be programmed into each memory channel to conveniently display station
manes, ship names, etc.
150 W of output power
A full 150 W (PEP) of output power is available for reliable long distance
communication. A large cooling fan, in combination with the aluminum chassis,
allows continuous transmission at full output power - even during demanding RTTY
(radio teletype) and NBDP (narrow band direct printing) operation.
Automatic tuning function
An automatic tuning function is available when using the IC-M710 in
combination with the optional AT-130/E for quick and easy antenna tuning. Tuning
is fully automatic. When you push the PTT on a new frequency, the antenna tuner
quickly tunes the antenna automatically.
Easy to use
Two large memory and frequency dials allow quick and easy operation.
GMDSS versions available
Versions which comply with GMDSS requirements are available. With the
addition of an IC-GM110 DSC terminal the radio meets DSC class A requirements.
- Covers all allowed bands between 1.6 and 27.5 Mhz
- General coverage receiver
- Modes: SSB, RTTY, CW and AM
- 2182 kHz alarm built-in (optional for General versions)
- RF gain control
- Audio activated squelch
- Terminals for frequency/mode control via NMEA interfacing
- Direct keypad channel selection entry
- Large, front-mounted speaker
- Weather fax ready
- Backlight control
- CW full break-in and semi break-in
- Frequency Coverage: Receive 500 kHz-29.999 MHz; Transmit* 1.6-27.5 MHz;
*Restrictions may apply depending on version.
- Mode: J3E (USB), H3E, J2B (AFSK), F1B (FSK), R3E, A1A (CW) (available
modes may differ depending on version)
- Number of channels: 1136 (max.) (160 user-programmable; 242 ITU SSB
duplex; 72 ITU SSB simplex; 662 ITU FSK duplex)
- Antenna Impedance: 50 (nominal)
- Usable Temperature Range: -30 to +60°C (-22 to +140°F)
- Frequency Stability: +/-10 Hz (-30 to +60°C; -22 to +140°F; +/-20 Hz
above 15 MHz for General and Marine versions)
- Power Supply Requirement: 13.6 V DC +/-15% (negative and floating grounds
are available depending on version)
- Current Drain (at 13.6 V DC): Transmit (max. output power) 30 A; Receive
(max. audio output) 2.5 (negative ground type), 3 A (floating ground type)
- Dimensions: 291.4(W) x 116.4(H) x 315(D) mm; 11-15/32(W) x 4-19/32(H) x
12-13/32(D) in (projections not included)
- Weight: 7.9 kg; 17 lb 7 oz (negative ground type); 8.1 kg; 17 lb 14 oz
(floating ground type)
- Output Power: 150, 60, 20 W PEP (selectable) (60, 20 W only for 25 MHz
- Spurious Emissions: -65 dB
- Carrier Suppression: 40 dB
- Unwanted Sideband Suppression: 55 dB
- Microphone Impedance: 600
- Sensitivity J3E, R3E, J2B, F1B, A1A (for 12 dB SINAD):
- 0.5 µV (1.8-29.9999 MHz)
- 1 µV (1.6-1.7999 MHz)
- 6.3 µV (0.5-1.5999 MHz)
- Sensitivity H3E (10 dB S/N):
- 3.2 µV (1.8-29.9999 MHz)
- 6.3 µV (1.6-1.7999 MHz)
- 32 µV (0.5-1.5999 MHz)
- Spurious Rejection Ratio: 70 dB (1.6-29.9999 MHz)
- Audio Output Power: 4.5 W at 10% distortion with a 8
- Audio Impedance: 4 to 8
- Clarity Variable Range: +/-150 Hz
- AT-130/E HF AUTOMATIC ANTENNA TUNER: Matches the transceiver to a
long wire antenna with little insertion loss.
- FL-100 CW/FSK NARROW FILTER (500 Hz/-6 dB): Has good shape factor
to provide better CW/RTTY reception. A 350 Hz/-6 dB Narrow Filter is already
built-in to the GMDSS versions.
- GM-110DSC DSC TERMINAL UNIT: 6 channel emergency scanning
receiver--contains remote control capability of the IC-M710 GMDSS for
distress calls, etc.
- HS-50 HANDSET: Provides clear audio reception and comes in handy
for listening privacy.
- MN-100/MN-100L ANTENNA MATCHERS: Match the transceiver to a long
wire antenna without applying DC power.
- PS-60 DC POWER SUPPLY: Provides 13.6 V DC (30 A) output from an AC
- PS-66 DC-DC CONVERTER: Provides 13.6 V DC (30 A) output from 19-32
- UT-95 2-TONE ALARM UNIT: Already built-in to the Marine and GMDSS