H.M.S. Communications, Inc.
IC-M710RT Specifications and Options
This information is taken off the back of the IC-M710RT brochure
IC-M710RT MF/HF MARINE TRANSCEIVER
Simple, dependable worldwide communications at an affordable price.
- Frequency Coverage (MHz):
- Receive: 0.5 - 29.9999
- Transmit: 1.6 - 27.5 MHz, Restrictions may apply depending on version.
- Mode (varies with version): J3E (USB), H3E, J2B (AFSK), F1B (FSK), R3E,
- Antenna Connector: SO-239 (50 )
- Power Supply Requirement: 13.6 V DC +/-15% (negative ground)
- Max. Current Drain (at 13.8 V DC):
- Main Unit: 30 A (Transmit at max power)
- Controller: 1.2 A (Receive at max power)
- Usable Temperature Range: -30°C to +60°C (-22°F to +140°F)
- Frequency Stability: (-20°C to +60°C)
- 0.5 - 14.9999 MHz: +/-10 Hz
- 15 - 29.9999 MHz +/-20 Hz (GMDSS +/-10 Hz)
- Remote Connector: RS-232C D-Sub 9-pin (female)
- Dimensions (projections not included):
- Main Unit: 292(W) x 117(H) x 317(D) mm; 11.5(W) x 4.6(H) x 12.5(D) in
- Remote Controller: 292(W) x 116(H) x 66(D) mm; 11.5(W) x 4.6(H) x
- Main Unit: 7.45 kg; 16 lb, 7 oz. For GMDSS version, 7.65 kg; 16 lb, 14
- Remote Controller: 1.2 kg; 2 lb, 10 oz
- Output Power:
- Below 25 MHz: 150/60/20 W PEP. Does not apply to Europe version. GMDSS
125 W PEP only*.
- Above 25 MHz: 60/20 W PEP. Does not apply to Europe version. GMDSS 85
W PEP only*.
- *Output power for GMDSS versions is provided by the AT-130/E antenna
- Spurious Emissions: -65 dB (USA), -60 dB (Europe)
- Carrier Suppression: 40 dB
- Unwanted Sideband Suppression: 55 dB
- Microphone Impedance: 600
- Sensitivity J3E, R3E, J2B, F1B, A1A (for 12 dB SINAD):
- o.5 µV (1.8-29.9999 MHz)
- 1 µV (1.6-1.7999 MHz)
- 6.3 µV (0.5-1.5999 MHz)
- Sensitivity H3E (10 dB S/N):
- 3.2 µV (1.8-29.9999 MHz)
- 6.3 µV (1.6-1.7999 MHz)
- 32 µV (0.5-1.5999 MHz)
- Spurious Response Rejection Ratio: More than 70 dB (1.6-29.9999 MHz)
- Audio Output Power (at 13.6 V): 4.5 W typical at 10% distortion with a 4
- Audio Output Impedance: 4 - 8
- Clarity Variable Range: +/-150 Hz
- Hand Microphone/Handset (depending on version)
- 2 Mounting Bracket Kits - one for Controller, one for Main Unit
- ACC Plugs
- Microphone Hanger
- Spare Fuses
- DC Power Cables - for Controller and Main Unit
- Separation Cable (5 m; 16.4 ft)
- GM-110DSC DSC TERMINAL UNIT: 6 channel emergency scanning receiver
- contains remote control capability of the IC-M710RT GMDSS for distress
- AT-130/E HF AUTOMATIC ANTENNA TUNER: Matches the transceiver to a
long wire antenna with little insertion loss.
- MN-100 ANTENNA MATCHER: Match the transceiver to a dipole antenna.
Covers all HF bands from 1.5 to 30 MHz. 8 m x 2 antenna wires comes
- MN-100L ANTENNA MATCHER: Match the transceiver to a dipole antenna.
Covers all HF bands from 1.5 to 30 MHz. 15 m x 1 antenna wire comes
- AH-710 FOLDED DIPOLE ANTENNA: Covers from 1.9 to 30 MHz band. Has
an SO-239 connector. Easy to assemble (non-kink construction).
- UT-95 2-TONE ALARM UNIT: Provides the alarm function. Already built
in to the marine version.
- PS-60 DC POWER SUPPLY: Provides 13.6 V DC (30 A) output from an AC
- PS-66 DC-DC CONVERTER: Provides 13.6 V DC (30 A) output from 19-32
- HS-50 HANDSET: Provides clear audio reception and listening
- HM-120 HAND MICROPHONE: Same as supplied with some versions of the
- FL-100 CW/FSK NARROW FILTER (500 Hz/-6 dB): Has good shape factor
to provide better CW/RTTY reception. A 350 Hz/-6 dB Narrow Filter is already
built-in to the GMDSS versions.
- RC-21 REMOTE CONTROLLER: Additional controller unit allows intercom
function. The HM-120 or the HS-50 is supplied, depending on version.
- OPC-772 SEPARATION CABLE: For extended use. Cable length 20 M (67.4
ft). 5 M cable (16.4 ft) OPC-771 is also available.
- RS-M710RT REMOTE CONTROL SOFTWARE: Controls the IC-M710RT from your
PC. Ask your dealer about usable PCs.
- MB-70 FLUSH MOUNT KIT: For mounting a controller or the RC-21 to a
The ICOM logo is a registered trademark of
ICOM, Inc. All ICOM radios significantly exceed FCC regulations limiting
spurious emissions. All stated specifications are subject to change without
notice or obligation.